Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chickens...Really?

So we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby chicks at our house that we are going to raise for fresh eggs. This is another country concept that my husband has introduced to me. I am an animal lover, so the excitement of cute baby chicks is almost more than I can stand!! We are almost done building the coop and I have already gotten the baby box set up and ready. I had no idea you could eat fresh eggs from chickens! Crazy, I know, but I assumed that something was done to the eggs that you bought in the store to make them safe for human consumption. Lol - I don't know what I thought you could do to an egg to make it safe, but I have never had an egg that didn't come out of a carton. Although I am learning a whole new way of living out of the city- it makes me happy to think that my kids will know that an egg actually does come from a chicken and you can eat it even if it was not brought home in a carton!

On with the deals:
Heading to Old Navy??  Take along this Old Navy 25% off Coupon! It is good through 2/17
http://www.facebook.com/oldnavy?v=app_10442206389

http://www.gymboree.com/index.jsp?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=G_Brand
$10, $15, and $20 deals at Gymboree baby sale starting today, plus if you get parenting magazine or Family Fun magazine, there is a 20% coupon in them that you can combine with you sale purchase!

1 comment:

  1. my sister in law and her family did this for a few years, they had TONS of eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete