Saturday, February 19, 2011

Go Ahead, Blame the Cat!

I imagine it happens in every parents life- the memorable first ( cue dramatic music) curse word. For me, both of my children decided to make their's on the same night this past week. I don't think it matters who you are, nothing quite prepares you for it nor do you get fore warning. My oldest, 5, was walkin through while I had the Grammy's on and stopped to watch for a bit. I was not paying that much attention as I was looking at Facebook and the singer was not one that I really got into. With the most innocent and inquisitive little voice my son asked me, "mom, what is a son of a b****?". Thinking I could not have possibly heard him correctly, I snapped back with, "what did you say?". He turned to me and very innocently once again repeated it and followed with " the man on tv just said it.". The moment seemed to last forever and I thought my eyeballs were actually going to pop out of my head. Then, I did what I always do when I don't know what to do- I laughed. I know. This is and was not funny and absolutely NOT the right way to handle the situation, but it was like a knee jerk reaction! I absolutely did not know what to do and the harder I tried not to laugh, well, the harder I did laugh. My son ran down the hall, as he was not asking to be funny and this upset him and my husband glared at me. I did calm myself and talked with my son in which I explained to him not to say bad words and why. I don't know why I laughed. I don't curse myself and I don't let them watch a bunch of stuff with words in it. I felt guilty the rest of the night. I laid down with my 3'yr old to get her to sleep. She is a busy body. And I mean that in the literal term. She is always busy doing something or chatting up a storm. In the usual frustration with her apparent gift of gab, I told her that it was late andshe was goon to haveto be still, be quiet, and go to sleep. Instead of the usual whinning, she retorted," D**!" and then repeated it 3 more time! I quickly asked where she had heard it from and she tried to tell me that it was her grandmother and then she confessed...It was the cat! After thenight I had , I figured "why not,"? I will deal with the cat in the morning! LOL
On with the deals:

North Point Barn Consignment Sale
The red barn (clubhouse) in North Point subdivision off of Old Canton Rd.
This Tuesday and Wednesday 2/22 -2/23
Great gently used brand name and boutique children's clothes at great prices. You don't want to miss this one!

http://deals.mamapedia.com/deals/little-tikes?sdtv=a&sl=b&utm_campaign=1485&asid=6653637&utm_medium=email&utm_source=deal_alert&utm_content=237477
$25 for $50 Worth of Great Toys and more from LittleTikes.com ($100 Minimum Purchase Required)

http://deals.mamapedia.com/deals/seven-slings-february?sdtv=b&sl=a&utm_campaign=1468&asid=6653637&utm_medium=email&utm_source=deal_alert&utm_content=237477
Free Baby Carrier from Seven™ Slings ($39 Value)- Just Pay Shipping Fees

https://secure.livingthecountrylife.com/bhg/store/checkout/partner/?promoCode=I7095LD02&_requestid=41366
Free 'livin the Country Life' 3 year magazine subscription

No comments:

Post a Comment